This leaflet provides a brief overview of the work discussed at the PCC meeting on 11 March 2015.
- Mission Action Planning – We spent a considerable part of the meeting using this Diocesan tool to consider how we might translate the findings from the consultations into concrete actions for the coming year. Watch this space!
- Finance update – thank you for your generous response to our 2015 Pledge Appeal. A summary of the PCC’s 2014 Accounts and the 2015 budget will be presented at the APCM on 29 April.
- Diocesan Safeguarding Procedures – A new online checking service for DBS checks is now in operation. Jane Keeling is the Parish Lead Recruiter for this and will be supported by Helen Gregory.
- Election hustings – We agreed that St Mark’s would provide up to £50 financial support for an interpreter at the Sheffield Central hustings which will be held on 19 April at the Broomhall Centre.
- Section 12 meeting – this meeting will be held on 13 April and we hope to move quickly after this to advertise for our new incumbent.
The full minutes of the PCC meetings will be available on the PCC board and on the St Mark’s website once they have been agreed by PCC members, but please talk to one of us if you would like to discuss any of these topics (see overleaf).
The role of the PCC
As your PCC, we aim to represent the views of the whole congregation. We not only make decisions on a broad range of issues affecting church life, but also help to shape the vision and strategy of what we do here at St Marks.
PCC Members 2014-2015
|Mike Hunt (Joint Chair)||Sarah Moore (Joint Chair)|
|Robert Beard||Philip Booth|
|Geoff Fisher||Helen Gregory|
|Sue Hammersley||Rick Hughes|
|Jane Keeling||Rosie Moffatt|
|Christopher Nyabezi||Cath Osgerby|
|Anne Padget||Jane Padget|
|Shan Rush||David Ryder|
|Peter Ryder||Charles Stirling|
|Briony Tayler||Alison Tolson|
|Janis Webster||Jonathan Williamson|
Photos of all PCC members can be found on the PCC photo board at the back of church. We are always happy to talk about any aspect of church life so please feel free to grab one of us for a chat!
The next PCC meeting will be the Meeting of Parishioners and Annual Parochial Church Meeting at 7.00pm on Wednesday 29 April 2015. All members of the congregation are invited to attend, with those on the electoral roll able to vote.