St Mark’s Centre for Radical Christianity wishes to appoint a new part-time Administrator.
St Mark’s Centre for Radical Christianity (CRC) was launched in 2003. Its object is to support and help individuals and groups who are working towards prophetic, inclusive and open minded churches, unafraid to ask the big questions and committed to sharing Jesus’ radical message of love and justice in their communities.
It currently has about 120 members across the UK and a mailing list of over 500. CRC organises two or three major Saturday day conferences and three or four seminar events, most typically but not exclusively on a Wednesday evening. All events are held at St Mark’s Church. The Centre is based in St Mark’s but is a separate legal entity and has its own constitution, funds and website www.stmarkscrc.co.uk. CRC also publishes three newsletters per annum.
CRC is governed by an elected Council of which the current chair is the Revd Sue Hobley. In 2018 work will begin on creating an online library of resources; this is funded by a grant from the Jim Cotter Trust Fund and managed by a Project Team which is answerable to the Council; it is likely that there will need to be liaison between the Administrator and people involved in the project, though the scale of this is currently unknown.
CRC Administrator Job Description
Purpose: to provide effective administrative support for CRC.
Responsible to: the Chair of the CRC Council.
Hours of employment: the work associated with this role averages 12 hrs a month over a year; flexibility is needed as many weeks the workload is light but can increase significantly in advance of a conference, mailing or newsletter production and distribution. The post holder submits monthly timesheets to the CRC Treasurer.
Remuneration: £11 per hour
- Responding to correspondence and emails, including requests for publications
- Maintaining membership and supporters’ database and membership subscriptions
- Producing general publications and regular mailings, both electronic (email and Mail Chimp) and physical, for distribution to members
- Liaising as necessary with the Jim Cotter Trust Fund project team.
- Managing the CRC website and social media, keeping content up to date and dealing with any membership and purchasing transactions generated through the website.
- Preparing and producing publicity materials for conferences and seminar evenings
- Coordinating all aspects of conferences, liaising with officers, speakers, members/supporters, suppliers.
The post-holder is expected to attend meetings of the Council (four evenings per annum.
The post-holder is responsible to the Chair of CRC, and submits timesheets to the Treasurer.
The Administrator will have access to the Parish Office, for computer, printing and postal purposes, on the afternoons of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as agreed with the Vicar/PCC of St Mark’s. The ability to work at home is desirable, to which end the Council will ensure that a pay-as-you-go mobile phone will be provided as the given telephone point of contact.
- Excellent and proven administrative skills
- Confident use of ICT packages, especially Word, Excel and Publisher
- Confident use of website content management systems
- Ability to liaise with CRC Officers and members, the Church Office team, speakers and suppliers with tact, sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to use and review systems and prioritise workload
- Ability to be flexible over hours of work
- Willingness to work with the values and ethos of a liberal Christian organisation.
Applications by email (letter and CV) to the Revd Sue Hobley, Chair of CRC, email@example.com by 16/01/2018