St Mark’s CRC Administrator
St Mark’s CRC: Constructive Responsive Christianity wishes to appoint a new part-time Administrator.
Salary: £11 per hour – 12 hours per month
St Mark’s CRC was launched in 2003. Its object is: To advance the Christian religion for the benefit of the public by raising awareness and understanding of beliefs and practices particularly by helping individuals and groups who are working towards inclusive and open minded churches, committed to sharing Jesus’ message of love and justice in their communities, through holding lectures and seminars, and providing resources (physical and online).
Every year St Mark’s CRC organises two or three major Saturday day conferences and three or four seminar events, most typically but not exclusively on a Wednesday evening. All events are held at St Mark’s Church. St Mark’s CRC is based at St Mark’s, Broomhill, but is a separate legal entity and has its own constitution, funds and website www.stmarkscrc.co.uk. St Mark’s CRC has usually published three newsletters per annum.
St Mark’s CRC (formerly known as St Mark’s Centre for Radical Christianity) is governed by an elected Council. In 2018 work began on creating an online library of resources; this is funded by a grant from the Jim Cotter Trust Fund and managed by a Project Management Team which is answerable to the Council. A part-time Curator/Researcher is currently working on this project. It is likely that the scope of the Administrator role will increase once the Curator has come to the end of her contract; the exact extent of this in not known.
St Mark’s CRC has recently gained Charitable Status (charity number 1181152). The Administrator will need to liaise with both the Charity Commission and the Treasurer in respect of matters to do with our charitable status.
- Responding to correspondence and emails
- Maintaining membership and supporters’ database and membership subscriptions
- Producing general publications and regular mailings, both electronic (email and Mail Chimp) and physical, for distribution to members
- Managing and maintaining the CRC website and social media, keeping content up to date
- Liaising as necessary with the Jim Cotter Trust Fund Project Management Team
- Liaising with the Charity Commission and the Treasurer in respect of matters to with St Mark’s CRC’s charitable status
- Preparing and producing publicity materials for conferences and seminar evenings
- Attending and coordinating all aspects of conferences, liaising with officers, speakers, members/supporters, suppliers.
The post-holder is expected to attend meetings of the Council (four evenings per annum).
The post-holder is responsible to the Chair of CRC, and submits timesheets to the Treasurer.
The Administrator will have access to the Parish Office, for computer, printing and postal purposes, as agreed with the Vicar/PCC of St Mark’s and in liaison with the St Mark’s Parish Administrator. The ability to work at home is necessary, to which end the Council provides a pay-as-you-go mobile phone as the given telephone point of contact, and a dedicated laptop for the Administrator.
- Excellent and proven administrative skills
- Confident use of ICT packages, especially Word, Excel and Publisher
- Confident use of website content management systems
- Ability to liaise with CRC Officers and members, the Church Office team, speakers and suppliers with tact, sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to co-ordinate all aspects of St Mark’s CRC’s events
- Experience in publicity and communications
- Competence in the use of Social Media
- Ability to be flexible over hours of work
- Ability to use and review systems and prioritise workload
- Willingness to work with the values and ethos of a liberal Christian organisation.
How to apply
Applications should be made by email (letter and CV) to Anne Padget, Acting Chair, email@example.com by midday on Tuesday 9th April 2019.
Interviews will be held on Friday 12th April at St Mark’s Church, Broomfield Road, S10 2SE.